In-Person Delivery Procedures
Due to heightened security concerns at government installations, DDTC, on the advice of State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), has developed the following procedures for in-person license submissions and document pick-up. While DDTC expects the number of hardcopy, hand-delivered license applications to diminish with the advent of the automated electronic licensing system, these procedures will stay in place until further notice.
- Due to security concerns, DDTC no longer maintains a pre-clearance list with building security for access to DDTC spaces.
- All license submissions or document retrievals is conducted at 3:00 p.m. M-F (excluding holidays and other times Federal offices are closed).
- A DDTC employee receives and disseminates license packages and other documents for 20 minutes at the second floor lobby at this time only (exceptions will rarely be made).
- DDTC will not receive documents from, or release documents to, commercial messenger/courier services.
- To diminish unauthorized access to potentially sensitive materials, DDTC only receives documents from, or disseminates documents to, those expressly authorized to conduct such business with DDTC (identification will be checked).
- DDTC requires written authorization (on official letterhead) from the registered entity designating certain individual(s) as the person(s) responsible for the dropping off of and/or picking up of documents.
- The registered entity needs to provide the name, SSN, DOB, POB and the express authorization for the individual(s) to deliver and collect documents for the registered entity.
- If a law firm or other entity has been designated to represent a registered entity in delivering documents to, or collecting documents from, DDTC, the registered entity must provide a statement to that effect and include it with the submission.
- Authorization letters must be submitted to DDTC at least three business days prior to first visit.
- All deliveries are subject to name verification by DOS security and x-ray inspection.
- All other visitors to DDTC require an escort at all times.
Questions regarding this policy may be directed to Patricia Slygh at telephone (202) 663-2830.