The U.S. Government views the sale, export, and re-transfer of defense articles and defense services as an integral part
of safeguarding U.S. national security and furthering U.S. foreign policy objectives. The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC),
in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2778-2780 of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
(22 CFR Parts 120-130), is charged with controlling the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services covered by the
United States Munitions List (USML).
|New Items and Announcements|
Industry Notice: Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) Submission through EFS (10.21.16)
Effective Wednesday, November 16th at 5PM EST, The Department of State will no longer use the Electronic Form Submission (EFS) application to accept Commodity Jurisdiction (DS-4076) applications. Beginning Monday, November 21st at 8AM EST users will submit CJ applications via the Defense Export Control and Compliance (DECCS) CJ application.
- Agreement Guidelines Update: Revision 4.4b of the Guidelines, which will become effective November 15, 2016, has been posted and can be found here here (10.21.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Defense Trade Advisory Group; Notice of Open Meeting
Click here to read (10.19.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Final rule: Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XII
Click here to read (10.12.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Interim Final rule; Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Policy on Exports to Tunisia, Eritrea, Somalia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Other Changes
Click here to read (09.29.16)
- Industry Notice: Industry IT System Modernization Webinar (09.28.16)
The webinar will provide a demonstration of the new Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) (DS-4076) interface and is scheduled for Friday, October 14, 2016 from 2:00 p.m. (EST) to 3:00 p.m. (EST). Click here to view invitation
To join the webinar go to https://irmedip.adobeconnect.com/chatwsme/, enter your Name and click Enter Room.
Note: The webinar will allow for 100 participants. If you are unable to join the webinar session but would like to join via the conference line call 877-336-1829; Access Code: 730 766
- Federal Register Notice: 60-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: Request for Advisory Opinion (09.20.16)
Click here to read | Advisory Opinion | Advisory Opinion Instructions
- Web Notice: Indo-MIM Inc. Corporate Reorganization (09.15.16)
Click here to read.
- Industry Notice: The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls is in the process of advertising the recruitment of the next permanent Director of the Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance. Arthur Shulman is serving as acting office director. (09.09.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Final rule; International Traffic in Arms: Revisions to Definition of Export and Related Definitions. (09.09.16)
Click here to read.
- Licensing: Revision 4.4a of the Agreement Guidelines has been posted and replaces Revision 4.4. Revision 4.4a corrects an inadvertent omission on page 152. Both Revision 4.4a and a preamble with a summary of changes can be found here. Revision 4.4a will become effective September 1, 2016 (09.01.2016)
Web Notice: IT System Outage (09.06.16) All DDTC systems, including DTrade and EFS, will be unavailable to industry from 5:30PM (EST) Friday September 9 through 9:30PM (EST) Friday September 9 due to scheduled system maintenance.
Industry Notice: Effective September 6, 2016, The Department of State will only be uploading licensing submissions (i.e., DSP -5, -6, -61, -62, -73, -74, and Batch Scheams) and posting licenses (Approved, Approved with Provisos, RWAed, and Denied) at 06:30 AM and again at 5:30 PM. (08.31.16)