The U.S. Government views the sale, export, and re-transfer of defense articles and defense services as an integral part
of safeguarding U.S. national security and furthering U.S. foreign policy objectives. The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC),
in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2778-2780 of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
(22 CFR Parts 120-130), is charged with controlling the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services covered by the
United States Munitions List (USML).
|New Items and Announcements|
Web Notice: IT System Outage (10.24.16)
All DDTC systems, including DTrade and EFS, will be unavailable to industry from 5:30PM (EST) Friday October 28 through 9:30PM (EST) Friday October 28 due to scheduled system maintaince.
Industry Notice: Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) Submission through EFS (10.21.16)
Effective Wednesday, November 16th at 5PM EST, The Department of State will no longer use the Electronic Form Submission (EFS) application to accept Commodity Jurisdiction (DS-4076) applications. Beginning Monday, November 21st at 8AM EST users will submit CJ applications via the Defense Export Control and Compliance (DECCS) CJ application.
- Web Notice: IT Modernization Webinar: Commodity Jurisdiction, DECCS Release 1 (10.25.16)
The webinar presented October 14, 2016 regarding the upcoming deployment of Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS) Release 1 is available for review. The webinar provided a brief overview of the status of the IT Modernization effort and a demonstration of the new Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) (DS-4076) interface.
Click here to read |
Recorded webinar |
- Agreement Guidelines Update: Revision 4.4b of the Guidelines, which will become effective November 15, 2016, has been posted and can be found here here (10.21.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Defense Trade Advisory Group; Notice of Open Meeting
Click here to read (10.19.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Final rule: Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XII
Click here to read (10.12.16)
- Federal Register Notice: Interim Final rule; Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Policy on Exports to Tunisia, Eritrea, Somalia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Other Changes
Click here to read (09.29.16)
- Federal Register Notice: 60-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: Request for Advisory Opinion (09.20.16)
Click here to read | Advisory Opinion | Advisory Opinion Instructions